Oxygen For Nepal
नेपालीहरू द्वारा नेपालीहरूका लागी - कोविड-19 संक्रमित नागरिकहरुको जीवन बचाउन!
Donate via eSewa or bank transfer
Account Name: MISSION REBUILD NEPAL
eSewa No.: 9823012671
Account Name: MISSION REBUILD NEPAL
Account No.: 01715178705
Bank: SIDDHARTHA BANK
Branch: TINKUNE KATHMANDU
Why are we raising fund?
Just shipping plants from France to Nepal is not sufficient. It is equally important to ensure that they are running smoothly all the time, and that we have contingency fund to cover costs of local transportation, backup generators, and maintenance and support.
What is Nepal Oxygen Project?
Nepal has been hard hit by the Covid 19 second wave in early 2021. A lot more people are being infected and dying at the rate that were unimaginable in 2020. With this rapid increase, demand for oxygen all across the country is skyrocketing, unfortunately, hospitals and government do not have enough oxygen plant and concentrator. In order to alleviate this pain and tackle scarcity or oxygen and to save preventable deaths related to oxygen deficiency, Mission Rebuild Nepal is partnering with various NGOs and INGOs to procure, deliver, and operate eleven oxygen plants in Nepal. Based upon estimates from experienced medical professionals, total of eleven oxygen plants and high pressure cylinder filling system will immensely help solve oxygen scarcity problem in Nepal. Goal of this project is to procure, deliver and install eleven oxygen plants and high pressure cylinder filling system in Nepal to tackle oxygen shortage problem inflicted by Covid 19 outbreak in 2021.
Mission Rebuild Nepal is a 501C Non profit organization.. All donations are tax deductible.
1. Covid 19 Crisis Management Center (CCMC) formally decided to help with the air cargo of oxygen plants on 6/16/21.
2. There was a change in government on 7/13/2021. Sher B Deuba became the new Prime Minister on that date.
3. Ministry of Finance (MOF) on 8/11/21 agreed to fund the air cargo and requested to use the budget of the Ministry of Health and Population (MOHP)
4. Ministry of Health and Population (MOHP) formally agreed to ask for funds from the cabinet on 8/16/21
5. Government of Nepal (GON) Cabinet meeting on 8/19/21 formally approved the funds and directed Nepal Airline Corporation (NAC) to start its procurement process. NAC made its tender publicly available on 9/20/2021.
6. Flash Freight submitted its first tender, which failed because the $275k was allocated by the Nepal government for this purpose, but Flash freight submitted a much higher quote (a. $357,000).
7. Tender was reissued by NAC on 11/20/2021 with redefined or relaxed clauses. Flash Freight was the sole bidder, and it won the bid.
8. If the MOHP will release payments to NAC by the end of Dec 2021, FF and the consortium agreed to set Jan 12th as a hard deadline by Flash Freight.
9. With Jan 12, 2022, in mind, FF initiated communication with NOVAIR to prepare for pickup, but the process to release payment to NAC by MOHP did not complete by Jan 7th. As a result, Flash Freight had to cancel the air cargo for Jan 12,2022.
10. During the month of Jan 2022, Mission Rebuild Nepal lobbied very hard with the MOHP to release the payment to NAC. After a few weeks of follow-up, the fund was finally deposited into NAC’s account on early Feb,
11. On Feb 24 and 28th, citing conflict in Ukraine, Flash Freight said that it cannot airlift plants for previously quoted price.
12. On March 5th, 2022, Mission Rebuild Nepal sent out an email to NAC and Flash Freight saying that the Force Majeure clause cannot be applied in our case because the war in Ukraine did not impact air movement in France or other parts of Europe. So, MRN asked for remedy for the liquidate damage it may have caused to the entire project. As a result of which, Flash Freight agreed to ship all plants and fillings systems via sea using its own fund.
13. On March 6th 2022, FF submitted a letter to NAC requesting a support letter from MOHP to get the approval from EU to airlift the cargo. Departure schedule of March 10th was offered. A format for the letter was also given to NAC.
14. On March 6th, in response to our letter, NAC sent request letter to MOHP for the support letter with the format.
15. On March 11, 2022, NOVAIR informed Medioxy that additional amount of EUR 32,000 will be assessed for repackaging of all parts and plants. Reason: NOVAIR already had packaged our plants and parts with air cargo in mind, but those packaging cannot be used for sea cargo because of oxidation risk, which could have resulted in the void of warranty.
16. On March 15th, all consortium members agreed to pay for repackaging cost, and gave Mission Rebuild Nepal permission to move forward with the sea cargo option as soon as possible.
17. On March 24th 2022, MOHP sent the response letter to NAC advising not to move the cargo via Air and use alternative route via Sea. MOHP also advised to NAC to return the amount which will remain after execution of alternative route via Sea.
18. On April 18th 2022, NAC informed to FF advising that the movement will be done via alternative mode Sea i/o Air.
19. On April 27th 2022, FF informed to NAC that they will execute the movement of cargo via Sea on FOC basis under FF’s CSR program.
20. Money that was wire transferred to NOVAIR for to cover repackaging cost did not go through until May 4th, 2022, due to some technical issues in SWIFT system.
21. On the third week of May 2022, NOVAIR confirmed that the repackaging work will complete by the end of June 2022.
22. The consortium has thus decided to ship the plants via sea using Flash Freight services for not cost to the consortium and the government of Nepal.
23. On July 21st, 2022, Flash Freight picked all oxygen plants and filling systems from the factory, to ship them via sea.
- Manufacturer: Novair S.A.
- Origin: France
- Oxygen Flow: 15 Nm3/h, 250 LPM
- Oxygen Purity: 95±1 %
- Outlet Pressure: 4.5-6 ba
- Submicronic Air Filtration System (0.01μm)
- Digital display featuring continuous display and recording of oxygen purity and pressure, display of alarms and events, due preventive maintenance operations, count down of production of oxygen. Automatic shut off valve if oxygen concentration drops from required level
- Final outlet oxygen filtration system, maximum solid particles size 0.01μm